Polish Baking Contest
DEADLINE: MUST BE POSTMARKED BY TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2013
3 CATEGORIES OF TRADITIONAL POLISH PASTRIES:
- Breads and Rolls — White and rye breads (chleb) are traditional Polish breads. Any breads using yeast or baking powder/soda are eligible in this category.
- Cakes and Tortes — Examples include: Makowiec, cake roll with a poppyseed filling; Babka, cake baked in a fluted pan, Baba au Rhum and Mazurek, cake with various toppings.
- Pastries — May include favorites such as kolaczki, flaky filled pastries and pączki, filled doughnuts.
Note: No refrigeration available for storage of food items.
BAKING CONTEST RULES
- Open to everyone — need not be Polish or live in Minnesota!
- Contestants may enter all three (3) categories, but only one (1) entry per category. Festival committee members and immediate family are not eligible.
- Mail-in registration is required. A separate registration form must be filled out for each entry, but they can all be sent in the same envelope to:
Twin Cities Polish Festival Baking Contest, 9182 Bataan Street NE, Blaine, MN 55449.
- Your Polish recipes or family stories about the food items may be submitted, if desired, when you deliver your food item. Please indicate how the recipe is special to you or your family and anything unique that you would like the judges to know about your recipe — ingredients used, unusual
method, special pan needed, etc.
- Entries must be delivered between 10 am–noon on Saturday, August 10, to Festival Headquarters at Riverplace. Please attach your recipe/story and entry submission form to your food item. Please use disposable plates/trays and place food in a plastic bag.
- Judging will be on Saturday afternoon between 1–5 pm. Foods will be judged on appearance, taste, texture, tenderness and moisture.
- Food items will be on display at Riverplace on Saturday, August 10, following judging.
For any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners in each category will be announced on the Cultural Stage, Sunday, August 11, 1:30 pm.
POLISH BAKING CONTEST REGISTRATION FORM
Click here for the registration form.